Tuesday 21 June 2011

Jesus and cake


Just laughed my socks off at this poster I saw in Hanley. It shows the famous Leonardo da Vinci painting of The Last Supper (the one that Jesus held with his disciples), but with a big fruit cake superimposed on it, in front of Jesus; and the words 'People - Jesus - Cake' underneath.

It's irreverent I suppose but, after all, Christians will have created it themselves, as it's for the Christian young people's meeting room in central Hanley - so that's okay I presume...
I think 'Church Without Walls' youth workers work from there with clubbers late into Saturday nights too (that's why it is called a 'chill out lounge' I think)..

The poster strikes the right tone all round I think, making both Christians and non-Christians laugh. Quite an achievement!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that the poster made you laugh. Church without Walls or CWW meet on a Sunday afternoon from 4.30pm onwards. The lounge is also used during the week and especially on a Friday evening when it is used by street pastors. If you want to find out more about CWW the web address is http://www.churchwow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again