Friday 19 August 2011

Keeping on keeping shopping


Casual shopping is now such a part of our psyche that we can't stop dong it - even in the midst of global economic meltdown.
I saw families spending hours at this shopping centre, the Ankerside in Tamworth, apparently for recreation, even in these bad times....  And, I don't excuse myself: I do admit that 'buying something' (anything!) often gives me a warm glow too.

Bizarrely, shopping for things we can't afford is (partly) what got us into the present mess, yet, we're told, the major economies are relying on shoppers to re-boost the finance cycle.

(Why is this mall called 'Ankerside'? Because the River Anker flows into Tamworth).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again