Sunday 29 July 2012

Staffordshire name slips away

The Staffordshire Building Society folded sometime ago - and I was only reminded of its existence when I came across this old photo of one of its Tamworth branches, which I had in one of the (very) deep folders on my computer.
Accordign to Wikipedia, The Staffordshire merged with The Portman in 2003, and The Portman in turn merged with nationwide in 2006.

I thought I'd mention this as it looks like the final form of the Staffordshire Regiment is now to be merged completely out of existence too under new government proposals.

Nationally-represented organisations with the name Staffordshire in them seem to be slipping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again