Saturday 7 July 2012

Go compare... away

The 'Go Compare' TV ads, which feature an operatic tenor, are possibly the most irritating and over-repeated adverts in any of the media. So I have some sympathy with the graffiti-guerilla who defaced this billboard poster (note the crook around the tenor's neck about to haul him off-screen...).

In fact, I burst out laughing when I saw it in Shelton.
One shouldn't laugh really, as this defacement is hardly a legal act - but ... it is SUCH an irritating ad!

STOP PRESS: Thanks to Andrew Woodvine (see his comment below), who alerted me to the fact that, er, I'd been had.  Yes, this 'graffiti' is all part of a clever advertising spoof by Go Compare themselves. Well, it certainly fooled me!

2 comments:

  1. It's okay to laugh. This billboard poster hasn't actually been defaced, it was printed like that! They're everywhere and they all have "graffiti" on them. There are a few different versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, it fooled me! Thanks for the tip...

      Delete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again