Friday 8 June 2012

Alton Towers gets green

The National Garden Scheme (NGS) is a great idea.
Lots of gardens - from ones at stately homes right through to your local suburban homes - are made open to the general public for one afternoon a year.
Nosy people (like myself) pay a couple of quid to wander round them – and the money all goes to charity.

This year Alton Towers took part in the scheme – for the first time in eighty or so years. About two hundred of us took the opportunity to check out the historic gardens, which were created some 150 years ago, not to mention all its eccentric features.

Some of us walked round them; and some of us just took tea on the terrace above the gardens' mini-valley and enjoyed the view.

Link:  NGS in Staffordshire

2 comments:

  1. After a lovely tea, did you then ride the theme park and throw up? I have only been to Alton Towers once when I was about 12...loved the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks for the suggestion! No, I didn't try the rides, which are truly scary. The last rollercoaster I tried (at Six Flags in Texas) left me limp for two days. That was my final one!

      Delete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again