Monday 28 January 2013

Tower crane immortalised

Tower Crane Drive street-sign


Tower crane
Tower Crane Drive, which you will find just outside Cheadle, is a new-ish road, on which an industrial estate is based.
This particular street-name strikes me as odd.

I wondered about the name of the road, but, rounding the bend on it, what should I see but – a tower crane! See photo, right.


Now I know streets are often named after the landmarks that stand out on them – but isn’t a crane-fixture too temporary to be considered enough of a 'landmark' for such a semi-permanent feature as a street-name?

I guess ACB must have sponsored the name of the road as well as the sign.

It's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again