Thursday 16 January 2014

Stately home goes to dogs


I don't know Himley Park very well, but, coming across it, I wandered in through its opulent gates, following people walking their dogs.
It turned out to be the grounds of the huge & impressive eighteenth-century stately home Himley Hall.
I was amazed to find that I could walk right up to the front doors of the hall, and even peer in through the windows.
But actually, Himley Hall and Park - once owned by one of the most powerful families in England - was bought by the local authority fifty years ago, and it's offices and a conference centre now.

How the mighty are fallen, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Trying to remember where I heard the name before, the British Mini Club has a Mini Show there. Went once which was enough, getting in was a nightmare

    ReplyDelete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again