Sunday 12 August 2012

Stafford by the sea

Stafford play-pool

Welcome to Stafford Beach!
You may know that Stafford is about as far from the sea as you can get in Britain, but that didn't stop Stafford Borough building its own beach and water-play area in Victoria Park.

The good people (well, kids) of Stafford weren't worried about the variable weather recently; instead they embraced the opportunity to pretend we are having a lovely summer.  Good for them.

I put the timer on, so for once I'm in my own photo.  A sort of Hitchcock cameo-role...

This post was featured on the International City Daily Photo website

11 comments:

  1. what a nice pic. somehow the people almost look fake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I noticed that... I am trying to think how I'd achieved it, and I think I must have used the saturation tool in the editing process. But I really can't remember!

      Delete
  2. that looks like a nice, contained beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a schizophrenic selfie but the place looks very nice ;)
    Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can only see my back; but I am just in the sand-pit

      Delete
  4. Is that you sitting with your back to us on the wall to the left Mark, bet it is :) Very clever idea for the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh ... with the camera bag. This is a really good play upon the theme, Mark. Covers the essence of the CDP concept AND the Theme. I agree that it looks like a painting ...

    ReplyDelete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again