Friday 10 August 2012

Top Totty sales up

The controversy over Top Totty beer is now well-known. This beer from a Stafford brewery, Slaters, was removed from the bar at the Houses of Parliament earlier this year after a complaint about its offensive 'message'.
However, latest sales figures for the beer, six months on, show that there's no such thing as bad publicity, as numbers are up by an average 15%.

I'm still not sure of my own opinion on this - however, I do get sick of half-naked ladies selling cars/watches/head-phones etc, so I guess I see the point of the complaint.

Staffordshire is now much identified with this whole controversy, as the Stafford Knot, symbol of the county, is very prominent on the beer bottle's label.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again