Tuesday 14 August 2012

Bored in graveyard

Forever she will sit in this graveyard - in the village of Dilhorne.

When I have a drink at the pub over the road  (The White Lion - which has fantastic sunset views), I like to wander over and pay my respects to her.
I guess her expression is meant to be one of grief, but it always looks to me to be one of utter boredom - and who wouldn't be bored, stuck forever in a graveyard?
Actually, her expression makes me laugh more than be melancholy...

This post has been featured on Taphophile Tragics (the cemetery-enthusiasts' website)  

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear, she does seem somewhat bored. Great post!

    Beneath Thy Feet

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. this is excellent! she looks bored indeed and i really enjoyed reading your post.. :)
    now i want to find a bored lady here as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe she is bored from waiting for someone to bring over a pint?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post. And I like the comments. Get someone to take your photo downing your pint on her plinth.

    I wonder if it is a look of utter resignation waiting for those underearth gremlins to topple her over ... she does look on the way to a tumble ... should only take another couple of hundred years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Here I lean, lonely hearted
    Thinking of the dearly departed"

    Great post..I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again