Tuesday 27 September 2011

Graffiti illusion

Do you see the man buried by rubble?

As I passed this patch of waste ground to the back of Tesco in Hanley, I did a double-take, thinking I could see some poor homeless man, who had been pushed back against the wall - and was perhaps being crushed by a fall of loose earth.
As I was about to race over and save him, I realised it was just a piece of graffiti.

I can't help thinking the artist was trying to create the exact illusion that I fell for...!

1 comment:

  1. That used to be an old alleyway/fire escape for the back of the cannon cinema that once stood there. From the road side this was hidden away. When they bulldozed everything else this was left...

    ReplyDelete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again