Tuesday 5 July 2011

Langos goulash is the best in town


The Langos cafe is not a place many people know about: it's right at the back of Hanley's indoor-market. But I always eat lunch here when I am in Hanley.
The Slovakian couple who run the place do British dishes of course - fish & chips etc - but they also do their own home-made East European dishes for the local Slovakian, Czech & Hungarian expats.
The goulash is outstanding - and at £3.50 a go, well-cheap! (The coffee aint much admittedly, so I move on to Starbucks, upstairs, for that).

Langos have just introduced a new dish - spicy goulash with dumplings. Magic.

Link: Langos on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. I am Slovak and I used to go there when I lived in Stoke (now moved back to my lovely homeland). It reminded me home so much. The menu/dishes could be worked on, but based on what it is (not a restaurant), thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again