Wednesday 9 November 2011

Ceramic 'employees'

The British Ceramic Biennial comes to an end on Sunday (though one of its exhibitions, at the Potteries Museum, continues a little longer).
As I said in a previous review, I was a bit disappointed with the overall achievement – especially with the grandiose claim that the Biennial was going to ‘raise the profile of ceramics’ - but some works that were on show were fascinating.

This work by Lawrence Epps is called ‘Employees’. It shows his interest in what happens to people who become part of the corporate world…

Anyway, despite my misgivings, I hope it does come back to Stoke on Trent in two years.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the sentiment of this piece of art- and an interesting festival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the little men on the table that we sliced partway in half. A not so subtle representation of many workers feelings today I would think. I thoroughly enjoyed Exploring Spode and thought it very well put together. I've just found your blog and enjoying your insight into Staffs.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. If you choose to comment using a non-Google account - write the comment, click Publish, click the captcha, and click Publish again